Sunday, June 12, 2011

May 25th: Getting the Hang of Mud Removing

I was up and moving around about 6 am again, refreshed feeling really good.

I think our body is designed to work well with the schedule like this.  Wake up in early morning when the sun is up.  Then go to work, the physical hard work.  Come back home and eat dinner around 6 pm.  Sleep by 8 or 9 pm.  My friends agree with this theory.  Even doing hard physical work for last two days, we feel great every morning !!  So, if you want to feel great every morning, your day is 6 am to 9 pm, got it, everyone?

After the hard physical work, I slept really well last night.  My back is fine, no pain at all.  I thought.... maybe I did build up my muscle with my exercise with "Brazil Butt Lift" ?!!   Well.... I do know why my back does not hurt and not stiff at all - I took a workout supplements called 「SPORT」, doubled, for faster recovery.  Hehehe.  It does a magic like this occasion. 

Today the house we went was closer to the port.  So the damage to the neighborhood was bad.  The owner and the family are living in the upstairs of the house, and the first floor - same as everywhere, flooded and mud under the floor.  They have not removed the floor, so we were to clean up their yard filled with rabble and yucky smelly mud.  The previous team worked on the yard yesterday, so it looked much better compared to their neighbors.

next door to the house we worked on this day
I don't know how they feel living in this neighborhood.  Watching this view and live there everyday is not normal.  Not normal at all.  We really need to clean up the mess so that people could feel normal again.  The house owner said to us that when they were cleaning by themselves, they could not see the progress. However, when the volunteers came with a group of 5 - 10 people, they saw the big result and could hope it would be better some day again.

I felt the same way, too.  The fist day when we saw the heavy damages to the oceanfront towns, we did not think there would be a future to these towns.  I could not see what they are going to do to rebuild the town.  But now after working three days in the different houses, I saw the progress, definite progress - the yard looked much better and cleaned.

Day by day, house by house, and the town by town, I am sure that is how the rebuilding of cities will progress.  To have a successful rebuilding, we still need more volunteers, a lot of them.  More volunteers mean faster recovery.

I really hope more people can join the clean-up volunteers in cities like Ishinomaki.. Please think about visit there at least in order to see these cities by your own eyes and feel what you see.  And if you can make one day to volunteer, that helps one family and gives hope for their future.

Of course, there are many other ways to help these people and cities, too.  You can donate cash to NPOs, send relief supplies, or buy merchandise from the businesses in these areas.

Question is....... .what can I do to contribute?   what can you do to help ?

No comments:

Post a Comment